Day 1: Factory





After being rescheduled and delayed by hours, we finally wrapped the first day of filming!

To start off production, I decided to film the scenes at the factory first, in order to finish the hardest scenes first, during the Christmas Holidays - a very bad idea. At first, the first day of filming was meant to be on December 22nd, where I would have met everyone at Clapham Junction and we would have taken the train to Redhill together.

However, as my luck with filming goes, many people dropped out last minute, and I was forced to reschedule the filming day to December 27th - a day where more people were available - the only problem with that day was getting to Redhill, as the trains were stopped for the holidays. The plan this time was to meet at Sutton Police Station at 11, and take a bus (460) to Redhill. Despite all the planning, it is needless to say that things did not go as planned, and we all ended up in Sutton, having only 6 people and two hours later than planned, with using an Uber as the only option I had left. (The things I do for my coursework!)

After getting to Redhill Train Station, we met one more person of the cast and started the hike to the abandoned factory - now that was an adventure! (Of course, the same day we decided to take on this venture, had to also be the coldest day of the year) In order to get to the factory, we had to hike through muddy alleyways, jump over fences, walk through fields, climb up (and down) a hill, and sneak in through a hole in the fence.

When we got to the factory, we organised everyone's roles and started filming. (Note to Self: Use less actors next time!). However, as it was too dark and rushed, the footage was too dark, too shaky and I ended up using 5 (out of the 7) smoke grenades I had. (In other words, this day was a disaster!)

Now, as I am looking at the footage, I realise I will need to re-shoot that day and organise use a time sheet for the next two days of shooting, in order to avoid rushing again... Let's hope Day 2 is more productive and less stressful!

The Call Sheet for the day:




Comments

Popular Posts