Inspirations


In order to create the best video I can, I started looking into more music videos within my genre and interests, keeping my terget audience research in mind, so I can find inspirations and build the idea in detail. After watching a lot of music videos, I took down notes on certain videos, out of which I drew inspirations in different aspects:

Narrative:

After watching and analysing Craig David's 7 Days Music Video, I decided I wanted to have a narrative with interruptions similar to his, where I can have the main character speaking and explaining the narrative further, almost as if breaking the fourth wall. I liked this technique, as it lets the audience see the artist as a character and build a connection with them on a level they can relate to.



When it came to storytelling, one video that reallt impressed me with its interesting camera work and combination of performance and narrative was this one:


Dance:

As many latin videos have a beat you can dance to, most of the videos include dancing, which meant that I have to watch many videos in order to create the perfect choreography for my video. Those are some of the videos I looked at for inspirations:






Colour:

As my song of choice is a mixture of genres, I looked into both genres or other mixtures as a pointer to the colour grading that fits the mood perfectly:


















Props and Costumes:

When I watched Rae Sremmurd's video for 'By Chance', I existance of smoke grandes, as I had used them for a previoud photoshoot:

The inspiration for the colours and type of costumes comes from every latin video in genral, but specificall this one:


Comments

Popular Posts