Day 2: Boxpark





Less than a week later, we went to film the rest of the scenes in Boxpark in Croydon... This shoot was very important, as we could not reschedule or come back to re-shoot, since we had permission to film there only on that day, within a specific time frame.

In order to avoid panicking last minute, I created a Shot Log that included all the scenes that needed to be filmed that day, including 3 takes , the number of the shot in the storyboard and the time I allowed for it to be filmed. I also photocopied the storyboard and printed out more of the script for each of the actors in it, with their role highlighted and gave them time to practice.

Before we started filming, we practiced the dances and the conversations, so we can get them done quicker while filming with minimal mistakes. It was important to say the same things each time, with the same pace, so it is easier for me to edit later.

After practicing our scenes, we filmed the first dialogue, then the dance scenes and the lip syncing, followed by the second conversation, the texting shot, and the ending, following the order of the storyboard and the shot log so we don't miss anything.

For the last scene, where Aaron walks out of the store holding hands with another girl, I decided to change the store a food place, making it more clear that they were on a date, and the random girl with Bella's best friend. Although this was not my original plan, I decide to change it in order to add more enigma to the story, make it more dramatic and spare myself the stress of bringing another person on set.

The only difficulty filming this was that we shot near the door and people kept coming in and interrupting our shoot. In terms of the public being in my video, we ended up choosing a place that was less crowded and the Film Consent Forms were not needed.

Overall, I am pleased with this shoot and the footage looks great! Now I only have one more day of filming left!!

The Call sheet for the day:

Comments

Popular Posts