Rough Cut



The Rough Cut is finally here!!

After spending hours of editing and looking through the footage, I finally managed to finish the rough cut! Of course as it is still very rough, I have only put the clips together and added very basic audio and transitions, representing the main idea of the video... it can only get better from now on!

Looking through it, I am noticing a few details that need changing:

⤖ Audio:

Between now and the final cut, I need to focus more on editing the audio, either finding another way to reduce the echo and make it sound better, or record my actors doing a voice over according to the clips I am using (on a better microphone) and replace the existing audio entirely.

⤖ Stability:

As a lot of the footage is shot using a Steadicam, the scenes already look the best way they can concerning production. However, they are still shaky at times and it can be distracting, so my next goal is to use Warp Stabilizer and try to reduce the unnecessary movement as much as possible.

⤖ Colour 

As I was shooting in RAW and none of the footage is colour corrected, my rough cut looks very dull and lifeless, compared to what I want my final product to look like. Thus, I need to use the next few weeks to focus on colour grading, exposure and contrast, in order to make the video look more professional and aesthetically pleasing.

⤖ Lip Syncing 

Overall, the lip syncing throughout the video matches the song very well, making it look more realistic. However, I noticed some clips where the singing wasn't synced properly, breaking the illusion and looking out of place. This is definitely something I need to focus on, as it is a very important aspect of music videos.


Comments

Popular Posts