Day 4: Studio Shoot




While reviewing the footage I had from the previous 3 shoot days, I noticed that I had very little performing scenes, and too many shopping centre scenes. To fix this, I decided to create a new location (a dance studio) and film more performance shots in a studio, using a three point light kit and blue and red gel filters to experiment with different colours of lighting.

When filming, I used two red filters on the sides, and one blue filter on the main light, in order to create the effect of a colour gradient, rather than a solid colour which would have made the artist look washed out. 

As I was performing in front of the camera, I asked a friend to stay behind the camera and tell me when I have moved out of shot, as well as to focus the camera when it went out of focus. We did two takes of the full song and took some of the artist pictures.


While we were in the studio, we also filmed one of the promotional videos for the website - the dance competition video.



The Call Sheet for the day:

Comments

Popular Posts